My Sewing Room



This is a pano of my "just cleaned" sewing room. This room is supposed to be the family room. When my kids were younger we homeschooled and used it for our school room. A few years ago I commandeered it for my sewing room. The counter in the foreground is an actual cutting table from a local JoAnn store. Years ago, when JoAnn remodeled, a local business purchased it for their cashier counter. We knew the owners and when they went out of business my husband bought it for me. It has a huge cutting surface and has tons of storage underneath. I LOVE it! I am very fortunate to have a husband who supports my passion.

My main machine, Viking Opal 690Q <3

My Singer Featherweights


This beautiful pink machine is Bubbles. She was a birthday gift from my husband. 
We found her on eBay. An incredibly talented man restores and paints old Singer Featherweights. 

This is Betty, another beautifully restored Featherweight. She sews like a dream.

This is Maude. She is named after my brother-in-law's Grandmother, Maude Bender. I was visiting my sister last summer when she told me about a "weird little sewing machine" that she had inherited from her husband's grandmother. When she described it, I got very excited because I had a knew it had to be a Featherweight! I was delighted when my sister asked me if I wanted it.

A Few More Treasures 


This is a painting done by a childhood friend's mother. When she passed away, the painting was given to my mother. I inherited it when my mother passed away in January. 

This is the lamp that was in my bedroom when I was growing up. It dates back to the 1950s.

That's me and those are the shoes that I am wearing in the photograph. :-)

Toy sewing machine found in a local antique shop.



  

No comments